of Ethics and Professional
Conduct for the Strathmor Group
Because we believe that all public bodies should have a general code of behaviour, we too offer the following: Our Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct signifies a binding assumption by all Strathmor Associates and procedures of the obligation of self-discipline above and beyond the requirements of the law. Acceptance of this Code is mandatory for all Associates and employees. Failure to abide by the Code will serve as a basis for disciplinary action, up to and including expulsion from the Strathmor Group with notification to their professional bodies.
- We will at all times observe the highest principles of honesty and fair practice
- We will at all times place the interests of clients as primary, and serve every client with integrity, competence, and independence.
- We will assume an independent position with regard to clients, and will provide advice which is based on impartial consideration of all pertinent facts and responsible opinions.
- We will treat all information concerning the affairs of clients, gathered during engagements for those clients, as strictly confidential.
- We will not accept any fee, commission, or other valuable consideration for our services, from any one other than the client by whom we are retained, and always through the Strathmor Group.
- We will accept only those engagements which we are qualified to undertake and which we believe will provide real benefits to the client.
- We will, prior to undertaking work on behalf of a client, ensure that the client has a clear understanding of the nature and scope of the work, and of the fee structure and associated costs which will apply, and the fiscal currency of the engagement.
- We will not permit or cause any employee or agent acting on our behalf to do anything which, if done by us, would constitute a violation of this Code.
- We will consider English to be our main language of communication, but shall endeavour to use the language of the client wherever possible.
+ sourced and edited from www.ctca.ca/code/html